Dental wood wedges
Dental Wedges were created, largely to attain anatomical shapes of restorations in hollow gaps (interdental spaces) between adjacent teeth. In cross-section, they might be triangular or trapezoidal. The dental wood wedge’s purpose is to provide support for the filling material as it enters the hollow region and hardens, allowing the filling material to conform precisely to the healthy section of the tooth without undesired overhang.
It consists of two parts
- A solid body with a proximal end and a distal end that is designed to be placed into an interproximal area between two adjacent teeth.
- Protruding flexible elements from the stiff body.
Dental wedges are made up of wood.
The following are some benefits of using wooden Dental Wedges:
- They are simple to trim using a scalpel and conform to the tooth’s surface effectively.
- During composite placement and packing, the matrix band is not dislodged or moved when a wooden wedge is used.
- When compared to plastic Dental Wedge, wooden Dental Wedges are more stable.
- They swell when they come into contact with saliva and securely wedge between the teeth.
The Dental wood wedges are also available in a variety of sizes, allowing you to choose the right fit for your anatomy.
- Manufactured by Russia TOR VM
- 400Pcs per kit