The unique design of contra-angle handpieces allows for greater access to hard to reach areas of the oral cavity, and their small size allows dentists to work more efficiently in tight spaces. They also provide a higher level of comfort for the patient due to their ergonomic design and reduced vibration levels. That’s why material science plays a huge role in engineering contra-angles that can withstand years of sterilization cycles and clinical use. 304 stainless steel contra-angle handpiece that make it suitable for long-term autoclave sterilization and usage.
The construction materials include the followings features:
- Corrosion resistance – The 304 stainless steel construction resists corrosion and rust even after repeated autoclave cycles. This maintains the longevity of the handpiece.
- Heat resistance – 304 stainless steel has high heat resistance, allowing it to withstand the high temperatures of autoclaving repeatedly. This prevents damage to the internal mechanics.
- Dimensional stability – The material properties of 304 stainless steel prevent warping or deformations from autoclave heat cycles. This maintains precision and functioning.
- Smooth surface – The stainless steel surface resists scratches and remains smooth after repeated processing cycles. This reduces places for contaminants to adhere to.
- Cleanability – The smooth, non-porous surface can be easily scrubbed and cleaned after each use. This allows effective sterilization.
- Steam permeable – The stainless steel construction allows steam to thoroughly penetrate during autoclave cycles. This enables complete sterilization.
- Durability – 304 stainless steel has high strength and hardness properties, leading to long-term mechanical durability.
- Non-magnetic Properties: 304 stainless steel does not become magnetized, so it is an ideal material for dental handpieces that must remain free of magnetic interference.
- Affordability: 304 stainless steel is an affordable material, making it an ideal choice for manufacturers who are looking to produce a cost-effective handpiece that still offers the necessary levels of performance.
In summary, the 304 stainless steel contra-angle is engineered to withstand repeated autoclave cycles over many years of clinical use while maintaining safety, precision, and functionality.
Contra-angle handpiece in endodontics, oral surgery application, most-trending two types
- 45° electric contra-angle handpiece, red ring, 1：5 transmission speed ratio
1. Enhanced access and better vision of the treatment site.
2. Access to the molars is greatly facilitated even in patients with smaller mouths.
3. No need for large-scale dispersion of soft tissues in the cheek region during wisdom tooth extractions.
4. High speed, professional cooling system, and tiny attachment head for thermal effects and unobstructed work.
|Ratio||1:5 increasing speed|
|Water Spray||3 holes inner water spraying channel|
|Burs Applicable||FG burs|
|Chuck Type||Push button|
|Light Source||Fiber optic|
- Electric endodontic handpiece, green ring, 16:1 transmission speed ration
1. 16:1 Speed Decreasing Transmission for precise and efficient removal of infected material from the root canal.
2. Push Button Chuck for easy replacement of burs, endo rotary files, and other tools.
3. Clean Head System for an anti-retraction mechanism system that blocks blood and foreign matter from entering the handpiece head during oral cavity treatment.
4. Powered by an Electric Motor for a powerful and reliable performance.
5. Fiber Optic Light Technology for increased visibility when performing posterior restoration treatment.
|Gear Ratio||16:1 Speed Decreasing Transmission|
|Connection||ISO E-type, electric motor powered|
|Chuck Type||Push button|
|Speed Range||100-2,500 rpm|
|Head Options||Rotary files, hand files, RA burs/polishers|
Finally, 304 stainless steel provides the ideal balance of corrosion resistance, heat resistance, dimensional stability, surface properties, and mechanical strength. By selecting a contra-angle handpiece constructed from medical-grade 304 stainless steel, dentists can rely on precision functionality even after years of intense clinical use and repeated autoclave cycles. When longevity and safety are non-negotiable, 304 stainless steel checks all the boxes for contra-angle handpiece construction. This optimal engineering material translates to long-term value and clinical results in the demanding dental setting.