Pediatric dentistry is an ever-evolving field that requires specialized equipment to provide the best possible care for children. One of the most essential pieces of equipment is the handpiece, which is used to cut and shape teeth. Mini head contra-angle handpieces are necessary for pediatric applications because they are designed to fit into small spaces and provide access to hard-to-reach areas. They are also lightweight and are less likely to cause discomfort when working around sensitive areas.
Additionally, the small size of the head allows for more precise control and provides greater visibility of the working area. This makes it easier to perform delicate procedures in a safe and efficient manner.
Traditionally, air turbine high-speed handpieces have been used in pediatric dentistry, but a new type of handpiece called a 1：5 increasing speed handpiece is becoming increasingly popular.
|Feature||Air turbine handpiece||Mini-head Contra-Angle 1:5 increasing speed handpiece|
|Head size||Diameter 10.7mm, Length 9mm||Diameter 9.7mm, Length 12.0mm|
|Speed range||Up to 400,000 rpm||10,000 – 200,000 rpm|
|Speed control||Fixed speed||Variable speed control|
|Noise level||Higher noise||Lower noise|
|Maintenance||Require lubrication||Low maintenance|
|Precision||Lower precision||Higher precision and control|
|Suitability for pediatric dentistry||Less suitable due to noise and lack of speed control||More suitable due to lower noise, precision and variable speed|
The air turbine high-speed handpiece operates using compressed air to spin the bur at speeds up to 400,000 rpm. The 1：5 increasing speed handpiece has a unique design that allows it to increase the speed of the bur from 10,000 to 200,000 rpm. This provides the dentist with greater control and precision when cutting and shaping teeth.
The 1：5 increasing speed handpiece is advantageous in that it provides precise control and accuracy when cutting and shaping teeth. It is also lightweight and quiet, and low maintenance requirements making it suitable for use in a pediatric dental practice. While the air turbine handpiece may generate louder acoustic, and speed rotation in a status of unstablity.
Mini-head Contra-angle Handpiece Benefits
1. The small contra-angle handpiece allows dentists to work in confined spaces, making it easier to reach pediatric patients’ teeth.
2. The small size of the handpiece also allows it to be used in a variety of positions, making it easier to access all sides of the tooth.
3. Its low vibrational frequency and minimized noise level makes it ideal for working with pediatric patients, who may be sensitive to loud noises.
4. The handpiece is also lightweight and maneuverable, making it easier for dentists to work with pediatric patients who may not sit still for long periods of time.
5. The small contra-angle handpiece is also designed to be less intrusive for pediatric patients, creating a more calming atmosphere during treatment.
Mini-head Electric Handpiece, 1:5 Increasing Transmission Ration, Red Ring
Contra-angle handpieces have become the new standard in pediatric dentistry due to their convenience and effectiveness. Dental Lab Shop offers the world’s smallest contra-angle handpiece, with a diameter of 9.7mm and an overall length of 12.0mm, compared to popular sizes of 10.3mm and 15.2mm respectively. This makes them the ideal choice for pediatric dentistry.
|Max speed||20,000 RPM/minutes|
|Burs applicable||For FG Burs|
|Water spray||Inner water triple spray|
|Light illumination||Fiber optic or Non-light|
|Head||Diameter 9.7mm, Length 12.0mm|
|Construction material||304 stainless steel|
Benefits of using a 1:5 increasing speed handpiece powered by an electric motor for pediatric dentistry:
- Higher max speed (20,000 rpm) allows for quicker tooth preparation and drilling procedures. This minimizes appointment times for pediatric patients with short attention spans.
- Smaller head and slim design provides improved access and visibility in smaller oral cavities of children. Enables delicate work in tight spaces.
- Smooth, vibration-free operation reduces noise. This helps minimize fear and anxiety for pediatric patients.
- Advanced torque prevents twisting or sticking of burs during procedures. Allows more control.
- Fiber optic illumination gives superior visibility of the operating field in the small mouths of kids.
- Autoclavable and sterilizable materials enable thorough infection control.
- Specially designed for durability and longevity despite repeated autoclaving. Maximizes instrument lifespan.
- High precision gearing and ceramic bearings provide reliability and accuracy when performing delicate procedures.
In conclusion-Mini head contra-angle handpieces represent a new standard in pediatric dentistry. With their smaller head diameter and length, these handpieces allow for greater maneuverability and access in the smaller oral cavities of children.
The fiber optic illumination provides bright, shadow-free lighting of the operating field. Their growing popularity signals a new era of specialized dental handpieces tailored for the unique needs of pediatric dental care.