The dental intraoral camera or scanner is a digital device that allows taking photos of the inside of a patient’s oral cavity in real-time. Thanks to its size and the improvements in the resolution of the impressions, it allows us to obtain close-ups of the mouth
A good evaluation is the basis of all good treatment; therefore, you must use the intraoral camera. These are some of its advantages and benefits:
- It allows us to obtain 3D images of the mouth and teeth, necessary for manufacturing orthodontics, bridges, or crowns.
- The dental intraoral camera enables the dentist to explain the diagnosis to the patient better, facilitating communication with the patient.
- It is a much more comfortable method for both the patient and the dentist. It allows us to determine the problem and propose solutions instantly.
- Diagnostics are more accurate, effective, and less invasive.
- Thanks to images, interventions can be planned, making them successful in the long term.